Tuesday, October 16, 2012

What does this mean?

What does this mean? Any guesses? If you think you know post a comment.

10/17/2012 Update: Thank you for all the guesses. Now watch this video for the answer. When you are all done read the rest of the story below.



Explaining the cake: So I had gone for a bike ride on the Alpine Loop ( a tough climb) . While I was away Heidi took a pregnancy test. The ride takes a couple hours so she had time to discover the good news and go to the store for a cake to surprise me. The problem was I am not the brightest guy in the world. When I got home she showed me the cake but I assumed it was the desert for FHE that night. We were planning on having some friends over so I just thought that was the treat. Heidi asked "What do you think of the cake?" I looked at it and thought "neat, she got a discounted cake from the bakery because it had writing on it." I said as much to her and she looked at me like "What?!?". So mentally I went back to the drawing board. Mind you I was just coming in from a pretty good workout so my brain was not fully functional. I then thought. "is that like the priesthood restoration date, but why would Heidi do that? Is our thought for tonight's FHE about the priesthood restoration." I didn't actually vocalize what I was thinking this time but I could tell Heidi was wondering if I would ever figure it out.

Just then it came to me....WE WERE PREGNANT! We hugged, kissed, and laughed about how lame I was/am. Then we got the girls and filmed the above video breaking the news to them. We are very excited and blessed.

September Fast and Miracle: In September we asked family and friends to join Heidi and I in a fast for a baby. We struggle to get pregnant and so we decided a fast might help. Well it sure did! Thank you for the faith and prayers of those who participated in the fast with us. We love you.

8 comments:

  1. ooh ohh oooh your sending me on a tropical vacation and wanted to surprise me with a special cake. You really shouldn't have. But I will accept thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it's Father's Day that day so are you saying you are going to be a father again?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talked with your cute wife this morning! We are beyond thrilled for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness. I am calling Heidi right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH my goodness!!!!! I started crying when I watched the video. We are so so so so so so excited for you. YAY! Wow! This is the most wonderful news ever. Congrats you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!! What exciting wonderful news.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess the date was a coincidence.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great news! We are very excited for you....

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments, just play nice.