Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Marriages Are Meant To Be Forever

Now three weeks into being a Bishop for the LDS Church I have had the opportunity to teach to our ward members and counsel one on one about the importance of marriage. I am so grateful for the covenants that we make in our temples. These promises bind my wife and I together forever.

My wife Heidi is wonderful. We are fast approach our ten year anniversary and I am still very much in love with her. Her she is.





Isn't she beautiful? What these picture may now show is how beautiful she is on the inside. She sacrifices much for our kids and for me. She has chosen on her own to stay home with our two girls and raise them. I know it is not easy for her especially when so many believe that the choice to be a stay at home mom isn't noble. Oh, how I wish those individuals could see the amazing things Heidi does for our girls, how much joy being with them brings to her and to us as a family.

Heidi I love you and wanted to express that to you this morning. When I arrived at the office I watched this new video and felt that I should write this post.





END OF POST

So my wife just posted on her blog the following. I copied it, or maybe stole it depending on your point of view and pasted it here.(Yes! High five for me today!)

☀love you too

I just have to write something in response to Barett's post. It is amazing what the expression of love does to the one on the receiving end. Of course I want to shout from the roof tops how great I think my man is. We have truly grown together and our love has grown each year. I think the key has been including the Lord in our efforts. Also, his expressions make me want to be even better. I want to live up to all those desires I have of being the best wife and mother. (Not to be confused with a wife and mother that does it all, I don't and I can't.) However, I know that my time is the most valuable thing I have and can give to my family.

So... love, love, love to you too.


Plus, he makes me laugh and I'm so grateful for that.

5 comments:

  1. Yes they are! Congratulations to the both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Barett that video was great...made me tear up. We love your choice of bride. She is the bestest!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My anniversary is this weekend, and this video just brings home how much I appreciate and love my husband. I'm so grateful for the gospel and the opportunity we have to be together forever. Thank you for sharing, Barett!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments, just play nice.