Friday, May 13, 2011

Results for Today's Leg of the Giro

Here are the results from today's leg of the Giro D' Italia. A newcomer/freshman Bart De Clercq (Omega Pharma-Lotto) won today's leg. It was a great finish. He was almost caught in the final few yards but he held off the charging peleton. He had managed to gain a good gap with just a few kilometers to go. It was all uphill and the peleton was charging fast. A nice win for a young rider.

Here is a little video of the final 5 kilometers. It is in Italian. You will see that Bart has a 25 second gap on the peleton at this point. He will extend that gap before the peleton turns on the heat and comes charging up on him. Great finish.



I don't know what it is about racing that gets me so worked up. As I was working on some paperwork here in my office I had a little box open in the corner of my office computer. The final couple kilometers it was useless I had to devote my full attention to the screen. I could just feel the anxiety on that young rider. I could also feel the anxiety of the peleton wondering if they were going to catch him. I love racing, I only wish I could get paid to do it.

Check that--I wish I was good enough to get paid to do it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, just play nice.