Friday, February 11, 2011

You May be Watching Too Much TV If...

So last night I was reading to our four year old Maren when she interrupted me with "Dad, pause your mouth, I have to use the bathroom." Pause my mouth? That can only come from a child who is used to video on demand.

About a month ago we were at a hotel and watching a program on TV. She asked me to "pause the show" while she went to do something. I tried to explain to her that we couldn't pause TV. She looked at me perplexed. She thought I was pulling her leg.

We don't have TV in our home, we have a movie room and high speed internet. Everything we watch is either DVD or over the web and thus can be paused. My children don't understand what it means to watch something on the broadcasters terms and thus they have the same expectation for me when reading books. I have no idea if this is good or bad. It got Heidi laughing when she heard Maren ask me to pause my mouth.

Kids..you gotta love them.

2 comments:

I welcome comments, just play nice.